Grand Canyon University Arena
As a multi-use facility, GCU Arena hosts more than 300 events every year in addition to our Division I men’s and women’s basketball games, volleyball games and practices. As such, management must balance the space needs of GCU’s Athletic Department, our students, university departments and community events when considering requests to book our space. That means management reserves the right to deny requests due to space and yearly holds. Arena management also reserves the right to deny licensing or vendor requests from any individual, organization or business that would use the facilities in events/activities deemed inconsistent with the values, goals and image of the university.
All parties interested in contracting use of the Arena are required to complete an Arena Event Request Form. Submission of this form does not guarantee approval of the request. Upon receipt of the completed form, Arena management will review the request and make a determination as to whether the proposed use is approved. Requests are evaluated based on the following:
- Conflict with existing events and blackout dates
- Feasibility and appropriate proposed use of the Arena
- Applicant’s previous event experience
- Applicant’s event or business references
- Applicant’s financial solvency
Credit Check: Management reserves the right to request authorization for a credit check prior to booking.
Deposit: A non-refundable deposit of 50% of all estimated expenses will be due with signed contract.
Box Office: Ticketing is provided by AXS. GCU’s box office retains control over all ticket sales for public, ticketed events. Tickets for events can be purchased via our website, gcuarena.com or over the phone 602-639-8979.
Staffing: Staffing for events is provided by and determined by GCU. This includes, but may not be limited to, ushers, security, medics and custodial services.
Insurance Requirements: An insurance policy, including general liability, worker’s comp and auto coverage, is required for all events. Your policy must meet our minimum requirements as described below. Proof of insurance must be provided no less than 21 days prior to the commencement of the event, or by the load-in/set-up day (if prior to the event day). Failure to meet these minimums may result in the cancellation of the event the forfeit of your deposit.
- Commercial General Liability. Licensee shall procure and maintain commercial general liability insurance providing coverage on an “occurrence” basis (as opposed to “claims made”) against claims for bodily injury or death and property damage. Such insurance shall provide immediate protection to the limit of not less than $2,000,000 each occurrence and $4,000,000 annual aggregate and shall include blanket contractual liability coverage which insures contractual liability under the indemnification provisions.
- Workers’ Compensation and Employers’ Liability. Licensee shall procure and maintain workmen’s compensation insurance, employer’s liability insurance and all other insurance coverage of similar character applicable to or relating to the employment of Licensee’s officers, employees, agents or independent contractors with limits as follows:
Workers’ Compensation: Statutory
- Bodily Injury by Accident: $1,000,000 each accident
- Bodily Injury by Disease: $1,000,000 policy limit
- Bodily Injury by Disease: $1,000,000 each employee
- Comprehensive Automobile Liability. Licensee shall procure and maintain comprehensive automobile liability insurance with a combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage of not less than $1,000,000 combined single limit, per accident for each occurrence with respect to Licensee’s owned, hired or non-owned vehicles.
About Grand Canyon University: Since 1949, Grand Canyon University has been helping students find their purpose and achieve their potential by preparing them to pursue the career of their dreams, advance in their current career or re-career into a different field. As a Christian university, GCU also encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to their studies and to the workplace. GCU offers online and campus-based degree programs in a dynamic learning environment for both traditional students as well as working professionals. Our classes offer engaging interaction with classmates as well as individual attention from instructors who care about your success.
GCU is also experiencing an exciting time of campus expansion that includes new living areas, classrooms, a student recreation center, food court and bowling alley. Our 7,000-seat Arena is a major attraction and home to our men’s and women’s basketball teams — plus it also hosts other events, such as concerts and world-renown Christian speakers. As a regionally accredited university, GCU is consistently ranked among top colleges offering online courses by noteworthy sources including Fortune Small Business, Technology & Learning Magazine, FoxNews.com, Online Education Database and more.
For additional inquiries, please email [email protected] or leave a voice mail at 602-639-8052.
GCU Arena is a multi-use, NCAA basketball arena
Physical Address: 3300 W. Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85017
Arena Floor: 12,154 sq. ft. and 71’W x 158’L
Seating Capacity: 7,000
Dressing Rooms: Four-star dressing rooms and two visiting team locker rooms
House audio system: L-Acoustics, Kara boxes
Stage: Stage Right ME-500 (does not roll)
Spotlights: Four 2k Super Troupers
Loading Docks: Two, each with lift gates
Shore Power: TV1 Panel = (2) 200, TV2 Panel = (2) 100, RV Panel = 50 amp, 20 amp and 120 amp
Show Power: Stage Left = (3) 200 (~50′ from Stage)
Stage Right = (2) 400, (2) 200 (~50′ from stage)
Center House, Stage Left = (1) 200; (2) 60 amp hubble
Center House, Stage Right = (1) 200; (2) 60 amp hubble
Center House, Downstage = (1) 200; (2) 60 amp hubble
Catwalk: SL and SR = 400a/3phase 120/280 dedicated with terminal lugs
Rigging: 50’ to low steel. Trim height as needed (40’ in some areas due to house basketball PA). End-stage obstructed by video wall trolley/track system
Local labor: Rhino Staging
Pyro not permitted.
Arena Request Form
All parties interested in contracting use of GCU Arena are required to complete the Arena Event Request Form. Please review our Booking Information above prior to submitting a request.